The purpose of the visit was to observe and engage with residents on the following areas:
- Building and the surrounding area
- Nutrition and personal hygiene
- Respect and dignity of people
- Security of the residents
- Social well-being
- How residents are cared for Health and medical needs
- Staff, Residents and relatives’ interactions
Healthwatch Representatives found that there was a pleasant relaxed atmosphere in the home and there was an adequate number of nurses and care workers.
There was also good interaction between staff and residents.