The report was compiled following the Great Healthy Living Event, which took place on Tuesday 16th February 2016. Healthwatch hosted the event to give local people a say on the Clinical Commissioning Group’s plans for 2016/2017.
The report is a representation of service users who responded to the survey monkey questions and who took part on the day.
What people told us
- Majority of the participants felt that health professionals working closer together to coordinate care for people, was the most important service to them.
- Participants felt that making it easier to get urgent treatment when people need it was also important.
- Although on the survey the least number of people identified mental health services as the most important service to them, we must take into account the comments and views made on the day highlighted the need for steps to be taken to improve mental health services.
Outcome and conclusion
Overall the event was well received by the public. The feedback will contribute to inform the commissioning priorities. In conclusion the main areas that would contribute to improve services are listed below:
- Professionals and services working together on linking mental and physical health.
- A better model of urgent care.
- Better advertisement of the GP Hub.
- More focus on young people’s health for the duration of exams for example what foods can give you energy and what can help you sleep better.
- The use of interactive methods health education to improve lifestyles.